Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find a list of our frequently asked questions. If you can’t find what you’re looking for please send an email to email@example.com or call us on +353 (0)1 473 0111.
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK:
50 MINUTE TOUR
Tour Times Mon-Sun:
10.00, 11.00, 12.00, 13.00, 14.00, 15.00.
Do I have to book in advance?
Advance booking is not essential but to avoid disappointment, please make a booking for a particular tour time & date if possible.
Cash is not currently accepted onsite and payment is by credit/debit card only.
Where are you located?
We are located in Dublin’s Docklands in the heart of Dublin City. You’ll find us at Custom House Quay, just past the chq Building and opposite the Hilton Hotel.
How do I get there?
We’re within easy walking distance of Dublin City Centre – just a 10-minute walk from O’Connell Street. Walk along Eden Quay, keeping the Custom House on your left and the River Liffey on your right. Continue past The chq Building and you’ll find us docked across the road from the Hilton Hotel.
If you want to travel by bike, you can hire one from one of the many DublinBikes stations located all across the city. You’ll find all the details and a list of stations here.
The closest bike station to us is Station 8, which is in front of Custom House Quay.
We are served by many bus routes:
- Take the 14, 15, 27, 31, 32, 42, 43, 53 or 130 bus
to Amiens Street/Connolly Station
- DoDublin Tour Bus – Custom House Quay Stop
- City Sightseeing – We’re Stop 20!
Take the Luas Red Line and get off at the George’s Dock stop. Walk through The chq Building and you will find us almost directly opposite.
We’re located within easy walking distance of many train stations:
- Connolly Station – 5-minute walk
- Pearse Station – 7-minute walk
- Tara Street Station – 7-minute walk
If you’re coming from Heuston Station it’s about a 40-minute walk but you can also take the Luas, bus or bike from right outside the station.
If you’re driving, we’re a 5-minute drive from Dublin Port, the south exit of the M50 tunnel and the East Link Toll Bridge.
What does my ticket price include?
- A tour of the ship with one of our informative and entertaining guides.
- A chance to hear the stories of some real-life passengers and crew.
- An overview of one of Ireland’s most significant historical periods, The Famine.
- Q&A session.
- Time to tour on your own and take some memorable photos.
How long is the tour?
The tour takes approximately 50 minutes.
What format does the tour take?
This is a fully guided tour and your group will be accompanied by one of our knowledgeable guides, who will give you the history of the ship and share the stories of some of its passengers and crew.
What COVID-19 measures do you have in place?
Your safety is our highest priority so we fully adhere to the HSE’s guidelines and Fáilte Ireland’s safety charter for visitor attractions.
We protect our visitors with:
- Reduced visitor numbers.
- Online pre-booking to better manage customer numbers.
- Designated time slots.
- Social distancing markers and measures.
- Increased cleaning, especially of high-frequency touchpoints.
- Sanitisation stations on arrival and throughout the ship.
- Signage to remind people of the protocols.
We ask you to help us by:
- Arriving for your tour no more than 10 minutes before the start time.
- Queuing in the designated area marked out by signage and fencing and adhering to the social distancing marks on the pathway.
- Staying at home if you or your family have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Wearing your own PPE and using the sanitisers provided. Masks are available on-site but we would appreciate if you would bring your own if you can.
- Adhering to the social distancing advice and being patient with other visitors and our staff during your visit.
(Please note that customers displaying symptoms, like severe, repeated coughing, for example, may not be admitted to the tour.)
Are there bathrooms on board?
Unfortunately we do not have any toilets on board but you are welcome to use the bathrooms in The chq Building, which is located less than a 5-minute walk away.
Is the Jeanie Johnston Accessible?
At the Jeanie Johnston we want as many people as possible to be able to come and enjoy the experience and we always do our best to accommodate those with special requirements.
Is the tour suitable for wheelchairs, mobility scooters and buggies?
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the ship and the fact that access is across a gangplank, our tour is not suitable for wheelchairs, mobility scooters or buggies. Visitors will need to be able to walk across the gangplank onto the ship. Scooters and buggies can be left in our office during the tour.
Can you accommodate people with disabilities?
We will do everything we can to cater for people with disabilities. If you or your family members need any extra assistance, please let us know in advance and we’ll make sure they have a pleasant visit.
What if I need to change my date or time?
If you wish to change the date and/or time of your booking, simply contact us directly at least 24 hours before you are due to visit. Give us your name, booking reference and the date and time you wish to change your booking to and we’ll do our best to accommodate you. Please note these changes are subject to availability and are made at our discretion.
What is your cancellation policy?
Our standard cancellation policy means that all purchases are final and tickets are non-refundable but if you need to change your date or time slot for any reason please get in touch and we will do our best to reschedule your visit. If you are seeking a refund, please contact us directly a minimum 24 hours before your scheduled arrival, stating your name, booking reference, your reason(s) for cancelling and why they justify a refund.
How can I make the most of my tour?
Dublin’s Docklands is bursting with fun things to see and do. Why not combine your visit to the Jeanie Johnston with a visit to one of the many other local attractions? We’ve got lots of great suggestions here.
Times & Prices
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK, TOURS DAILY
Mon-Sun: 10.00, 11.00, 12.00, 13.00, 14.00, 15.00.
- Adults (Age 18 - 64)€13.00
- Senior (Age 65+)€11.00
- Student (ID)€11.00
- Child (Age 6-12)€7.50
- Infant (Age 0-5)FREE
- 2 Adults & 1 Child€28.00
- 2 Adults & 2 Children€33.00
- 2 Adults & 3 Children€38.00
- Additional Child€5.00
Combo: Jeanie + EPIC
- Adults (Age 18 - 64)€26.50
- Senior (Age 65+)€23.00
- Student (ID)€23.00
- Child (Age 6-12)€12.50
- Infant (Age 0-5)FREE
“Phenomenam tour! Gearoid was a well informed, humorous, and engaging tour guide. The Jeanie Johnston tour was well done – we were able to ask many questions, see multiple areas of the boat, and learn about this significant piece of Irish history.”