The Jeanie Tour
The Jeanie Johnston tells the story of the thousands of Irish people who fled the Famine and embarked on a treacherous voyage in the hope of a better life in North America. Step on board and be transported back in time, joining them on their gruelling journey across the ocean.
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK:
50 MINUTE TOUR
Tour Times Mon-Fri:
10.00, 10.30, 11.00, 11.30, 12.00, 12.30, 14.00, 14.30, 15.00, 15.30, 16.00, 16.30.
Tour Times Sat & Sun:
10.00, 11.00, 12.00, 14.00, 15.00, 16.00.
Experience the Wonder of a Tall Ship
We begin with a walk around the upper deck, where you can see the majestic masts, admire the craftsmanship and learn about the ship’s history.
- Take in the sights and sounds of Dublin’s Docklands from a unique perspective.
- Feel the wind in your hair, breathe in that salty sea air and listen to the gulls calling overhead.
- Get a snap of yourself on one of the area’s most photographed attractions.
- Hear the fascinating history of tall ships and the shipping trade in the 19th Century.
- Learn all about the original Jeanie Johnston.
- Hear about the building of the replica ship.
Hear the Remarkable Stories of her Passengers and Crew
Take a deep breath and go below deck to experience the cramped quarters where up to 250 passengers spent most of their time, only emerging for a half an hour of fresh air each day.
- Meet some of the passengers and crew.
- Hear their personal stories.
- Find out how they paid for their crossing
- See what they ate on the long voyage.
- Imagine what life was like on-board.
- Learn about their grim voyage in cramped and filthy conditions and the risks they faced from disease, starvation and disaster.
- Hear how they passed the time.
- Discover what fates awaited them at their destination.
“Phenomenal tour! Gearoid was a well informed, humorous, and engaging tour guide. The Jeanie Johnston tour was well done - we were able to ask many questions, see multiple areas of the boat, and learn about this significant piece of Irish history.”
Jenny P • Dec 2021
Times & Prices
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK, TOURS DAILY
Mon-Fri: 10.00, 10.30, 11.00, 11.30, 12.00, 12.30, 14.00, 14.30, 15.00, 15.30, 16.00, 16.30.
Sat & Sun: 10.00, 11.00, 12.00, 14.00, 15.00 & 16.00.
- Adults (Age 18 - 64)€13.00
- Senior (Age 65+)€11.00
- Student (ID)€11.00
- Child (Age 6-12)€7.50
- Infant (Age 0-5)FREE
- 2 Adults & 1 Child€28.00
- 2 Adults & 2 Children€33.00
- 2 Adults & 3 Children€38.00
- Additional Child€5.00
Combo: Jeanie + EPIC
- Adults (Age 18 - 64)€26.50
- Senior (Age 65+)€23.00
- Student (ID)€23.00
- Child (Age 6-12)€12.50
- Infant (Age 0-5)FREE
Great day out for all the family
Find out what families enjoy most about their visit to the Jeanie Johnston.
Located in the heart of Dublin’s Docklands
Everything you need to know before you go.