Frequently Asked Questions
We’re here to help
Below you will find a list of our frequently asked questions. If you can’t find what you’re looking for please send an email to email@example.com or call us on +353 (0)1 473 0111.
The health and safety of all our visitors and staff is our highest priority, and we have spent the weeks since closing meticulously planning and reorganising so that our visitors can safely enjoy a visit to our ship. Following the HSE guidelines and Fáilte Ireland’s safety charter for visitor attractions, The Jeanie Johnston will implement a range of public health and physical distancing measures to ensure the safety of visitors, staff, and other workers. Reduced visitor numbers, designated time slots and increased cleaning are just some of the measures we have put in place. The measures we have put in place are detailed below further down the page.
Essential information for your visit:
- Please arrive for your tour no earlier than 10 minutes before the start time to assist us with limiting queues and aid in social distancing measures.
- Upon arrival customers must form a line in the designated area marked out by signage and fencing, adhering to the social distancing marks on the pathway.
- Our onsite team will greet visitors in the queue at the time of tour commencing and provide further instruction on how the visit will be conducted.
- Customers displaying signs of Covid-19 (Severe, repeated coughing for example) may not be granted entry to the tour *
Visitors from Overseas and countries not listed on the Government green list for travel must have completed the 14 day self-isolation period to be permitted to join a tour.
Health and safety measures:
- Online pre-booking to better manage visitor numbers
- Social Distancing onsite and in queue system prior to boarding
- Reduced building capacities in line with government guidelines to allow for the required physical distancing
- Perspex screens at all ticketing desks and increased cleaning measures
- Sanitising stations on arrival and throughout the ship
- Extra cleaning of high-frequency touchpoints
- Signage to remind people of the protocols
We would ask all visitors to Jeanie Johnston to please:
- Assess health risks and stay at home even if you have mild cold-like symptoms and/or a fever. The same counts for when someone in your household has any health complaints.
- Adhere to the social distancing advice. We would kindly ask all visitors to be considerate and patient with other visitors and our staff in this regard while visiting our museum.
- To facilitate a safe flow of visitors and safe movement on-board, The Jeanie Johnston has implemented a one-way walking route. Visitors will be guided along the walking route by our tour guides and visitors are required to comply with the instructions of our guides at all times on the tour.
- Visitors are advised to wear their own PPE and to use the hand sanitisers provided, during their visit to the museum. We request that Visitors wear masks when attending for the tour. Masks are available for customers’ onsite if required but please bring your own if you can.
- All individuals will need to continue to monitor the ongoing risk from the disease and take personal responsibility as they take steps individually and collectively in their everyday lives to keep this risk under control.
*Should this situation arise then refunds will not be granted, and customers will instead be given the option to reschedule to another date in the future, no less than fourteen days from the date of their original booking.